Popular Posts

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Money Saver

I have a family of 5.  Once upon a time I was spending over $250 a week in groceries.  I now spend half that.  How?  I started sitting down once a week and planning the next weeks meals.  Once I have the meals I make the grocery list for what I need for those meals, going through the fridge, freezer and cabinets to make sure I dont already have what is needed.  Once I have my list, I go to the store ALONE (the kids and hubby seem to add to the bill).  I try not to go hungry and I try to stick to only what is on the list, unless it is just a "too good to pass up deal". I try to add match or go to more than one store if needed for sales by checking the ads and try to use coupons to.  Dont worry if you dont feel like making what is on the list for a certain day, switch em around, just know that at the end you are stuck with what is left on the list...lol.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing.. ANd for my family of 8 I dropped our bill from $350 a week to right inder $200 !!

    ReplyDelete